ICEfaces EE 2.0 Update
Development and certification work for ICEfaces Enterprise Edition (EE) 2.0 is nearing completion! Currently, the ICEfaces EE 2.0 Beta release is scheduled as for the end of February 2011.
ICEfaces EE 2.0 will include the following key features not available in the open-source ICEfaces 2.0 release:
- EE Composite Component library from ICEfaces EE 1.8 in a tag-compatible format for use with ICEfaces 2.0.
- Enterprise Push Server (EPS) for Enterprise-grade push features to ICEfaces 2.0
- Exclusive new ICEfaces EE feature to provide EE customers with important EE-only features and workarounds.
- Enterprise Certified ICEfaces 2.0 - ICEfaces 2.0 that has been certified on commercial app. servers and 3rd-party frameworks.
- IDE Integrations including NetBeans 6.9/7.0, Eclipse 3.6, MyEclipse 9
- More Load Testing Documentation and Tutorial
- Functional Testing Documentation, sample Selenium scripts, and Tutorial
Read the Blog Post | About ICEfaces EE | ICEfaces EE vs. ICEfaces
Automatic Ajax - What You Should Know!
ICEfaces 2 includes several innovative features that cumulatively result in Automatic Ajax. Automatic Ajax completely eliminates the need for developers to wire page updates together using standard JSF <f:ajax> tags:
- Single Submit - ICEfaces 2 provides a Single Submit features that enables all components to automatically submit themselves base on user interaction. The JSF lifecycle executes on just that single component, and then the entire render phase is executed. From there the D2D mechanism determines the exact set of incremental page changes required in response to the Single Submit.
- Direct-to-DOM Rendering - ICEfaces 2 renders component markup to a server-side DOM (Document Object Model) that reflects the current client view. Each time the JSF lifecycle runs a DOM comparison is done, and if there are any changes, a concise set of page updates are sent back to the client to be applied to the page. Simply adding the ICEfaces 2 library to an existing JSF 2 application will provide dynamic partial-page-updates for all compliant components, without the need to specify the JSF <f:ajax> component in your pages.
Automatic Ajax vs Standard Ajax | More Framework Features
ICEfaces 2.0 Training
|Introduction to ICEfaces 2 and JSF 2
|Feb 22, 23, 24
|08:00am - 11:00am
||PDT (UTC -7 hrs)
|11:00am - 14:00pm
||EDT ( UTC -4 hrs)
|16:00pm - 19:00pm
||BST (UTC +1 hrs)
|17:00pm - 20:00pm
||CEST (UTC +2 hrs)
ICEsoft offers online training options to fit your specific needs. ICEfaces 2.0 Training is developer led using experienced ICEfaces developers with several years of JSF and ICEfaces development experience. All our courses include hands-on exercises and labs to ensure knowledge transfer.
Learn More | Contact Us for Custom Training Online