New ACE Components
ICEfaces 3.1 release introduces 9 new components to the ACE Component library, which is entirely open source and now features over 50 components including the further improved and market-leading ace:dataTable. Added components and key enhacements to the ACE Library include:
- Displays simple and compound content in the popup list, and more.
- ace:list and ace:listControl
- Provides column-item-ordering, dual-column list, or even n-column lists
- Supports Line charts, Bars, Pies, Donuts, OHLC, & more...
- stacked and merged charts
- Provides interactive dynamic charts w/o browser pluginsSupports
- Visually groups menuItems into logical sets
- Adds "mega-menu" style submenus to ace:menuBar and ace:contextMenu
- Leverages the industry-leading CKEditor library for robust rich-text editing
- ace:textAreaEntry and ace:textEntry - new text entry component features:
- Integrated label rendering, including Inplace/InField labels and left/right/top/bottom label positions.
- Integrated required/optional label indicators and positioning
- Required/optional CSS style classes for style-based required/optional status indication
- Built-in support for Theme-Roller for components in Error/Invalid validation status
Learn more about the ACE Component Library.
Demo Components Showcase | ACE Components Documentation
New Framework icecore: Components & Tags
The icecore: tags are used to customize the behavior of components in a page or to change the handling of individual pages across an application. The ICEfaces 3.1 release introduces the following 4 new core tags:
- icecore:navigationNotifier Component
- Triggers a server-side bean callback notification upon page navigation via the browser "Back" and "Forward" history buttons/menu functions
- icecore:redirect Tag
- Provides support for Ajax-Push triggered browser page redirects
- icecore:refresh Tag
- Provides support for periodic page refreshes triggered from the client
- Leverages ICEfaces Ajax-Push architecture for optimal simplicity and performance
- icecore:setEventPhase Component
- Provides the ability to specify the JSF life-cycle phase that certain events will be broadcast in, for events originating from components in its child hierarchy
Find more ICEfaces Framework Core Tags.