ICEsoft Technologies Inc., the leading
provider of Java browser and Java Web access software, today
announced the release of ICEbrowser® SDK v6.1 and ICEreader® SDK v6.1.
Rendering HTML documents in headless environments is now fully supported using the Swing toolkit mode. This is especially useful for server-side deployments where ICEbrowser is often used as a Web crawler engine within J2EE environments. ICEbrowser is also often used in server -headless mode for HTML to image or HTML to PDF conversion applications.
ICEbrowser can now render Flash .swf content embedded in HTML documents via the optional new ICEbrowser Windows Flash Pilot. ICEhttp can now support the Microsoft NTLM Authentication Protocol via the optional new ICEhttp NTLM add-on module. Other notable enhancements in the 6.1 release include:
- Support for Drag & Drop: Drag selected text or anchor locations to drop targets, including other native applications. Drop text onto HTML form controls from other Java components or native applications.
- Enhanced Printing, Page Setup, and Print Preview support, including complete support for selective printing of Frameset documents and printing selected content only.
- Improved text search capabilities, including support for whole word searching and highlighting all matches in the document.
- Improved content selection capabilities: select text and images with improved accuracy and responsiveness when selecting and scrolling with the mouse, and new support for selecting content using the keyboard.
- Improved Accessibility support for the JAWS screen-reader application.
- New reference source code for rapidly adding robust, feature-rich printing and searching capabilities to your application.
ICEsoft continues to offer customers the most robust Web client infrastructure for the broadest range of enterprise deployments. Release 6.1 is the most accurate and robust Java Web client rendering technology currently available. This release marks the eight anniversary of ICEbrowser's introduction and underscores ICEsoft's commitment to continual product enhancement through standards adoption and technology innovation.
For details, see the Release Notes
Customers with current maintenance agreements may download
the latest version by accessing the customer login at http://www.icesoft.com.
ICEbrowser SDK enables developers to render secure and dynamic
Web content, and to make business-critical Web applications
accessible through a custom client. The ICEbrowser SDK is
a versatile Java browser engine tool that can be completely
customized and configured for deployment in custom and standalone
applications. For more information on the ICEbrowser SDK,
visit our product page at http://www.icesoft.com/products/icebrowser.html.
ICEreader SDK enables developers to render static HTML/XML
content in applications where secure or dynamic Web capabilities
are not required. The ICEreader technology integrates basic
HTML/XML viewing within a Java software product or application.
The ICEreader SDK is just one more example of ICEsoft Technologies'
commitment to superior Java web client development. For more
information on ICEreader SDK visit our product page at http://www.icesoft.com/products/icereader.html.