ICEsoft Technologies, Inc. is pleased
to announce the release of ICEpdf™ V1.1. ICEpdf
is a 100 percent Java software development kit for rendering
PDF documents. ICEpdf can be used as a standalone document
viewer or as a lightweight component tightly integrated into
Java applications, and can be combined with ICEbrowser SDK
to view PDF content embedded in HTML.
This multi-platform PDF viewer technology supports embedded
TrueType fonts, font substitution, and ToUnicode CMaps. Typical
PDF viewer functionality such as viewing, scaling, navigating,
and printing are fully supported. PDF documents can be exported
to multiple image formats such as JPG, PNG, and SVG. ICEpdf can be deployed as part of a client application via Java
applet or Java Web Start technology, or integrated into a
server-side solution as a servlet.
- Support for Acrobat standard security support (including
password-protected files) has been added. For information
on configuring this optional support, see "Acrobat
Standard Security Support" in the ICEpdf Developer's
- You can now access a PDF file's document information and
permissions (such as creator, modification date, password
- The ICEpdf API now provides access to document panes and
scrollbars, and provides support for hiding the status bar
and splitpane divider.
- Improved memory management with image stream caching,
byte stream caching, and image scaling, which reduces the
Java heap requirements and improves rendering speed.
- Font substitution has been improved, resulting in more
accurately rendered documents in many cases.
- Support for pluggable utility pane tools has been added.
- Image loading has been improved and optimized.
- Numerous improvements have been made to parsing speed
and to error recovery of malformed PDF files.
- The preferred rotation of PDF pages is now respected on
- The ICEpdf Developer's Guide has been updated and
Complete information on the release may be found in the release
notes contained in the download bundle, or by viewing the
online release notes:
ICEpdf Release Notes
The Developer's Guide contains comprehensive information
on developing applications using the ICEpdf product. This
available in the download bundle or may be viewed online:
ICEpdf Developer's Guide
Customers who have purchased ICEpdf 1.0 with support
and maintenance can download the new version through the customer
download login at www.icesoft.com.