ICEsoft Technologies, Inc. is pleased
to announce the release of ICEpdf™ 1.4. ICEpdf is
a 100 percent Java product for rendering
PDF documents. ICEpdf can be used as a standalone document
viewer or as a lightweight component tightly integrated into
Java applications, and can be combined with ICEbrowser SDK or ICEbrowser BEAN
to view PDF content embedded in HTML.
This multi-platform PDF viewer technology supports embedded
TrueType fonts, font substitution, ToUnicode CMaps, and Acrobat
standard security. Typical PDF viewer functionality such as
viewing, scaling, navigating, and printing are fully supported.
PDF documents can be exported to multiple image formats such
as JPG, PNG, and SVG. ICEpdf can be deployed as part of
a client application via Java applet or Java Web Start technology,
or integrated into a server-side solution as a servlet.
This release contains a number of improvements to the parsing and rendering of PDF documents. ICEpdf now renders an even wider range of PDF documents faster and more accurately. Other improvements included in ICEpdf 1.4 include:
- Rendering support and quality of JPEG (DCTDecode), PNG (FlateDecode Predictors), and TIFF (CCITTFaxDecode) images has been improved.
- ICEpdf now renders all content in PDF documents generated with OpenOffice.
- Improved support for CMYK, YcbCrA, Lab, Indexed, and ICC color spaces.
- Support for stencil masking, alpha masking, and color key masking of images.
- Support for dashed lines.
- Support for image transparency (ExtGState) has been added.
- Rendering quality of documents that contain Form Xobjects has been improved.
- Rendering of documents that contain 4-byte character codes within string declaration has also been improved.
Complete information on the release may be found in the release
notes contained in the download bundle, or by viewing the
online release notes:
The Developer's Guide contains comprehensive information
on developing applications using the ICEpdf product. This
is available in the download bundle or may be viewed online:
If you have purchased ICEpdf 1.x with maintenance, you
may download the new version through the customer download
login at www.icesoft.com.