|August 3rd, 2006
Product Release Announcement - ICEpdf 2.5
ICEpdf 2.5 introduces support for static rendering of PDF forms and the most common PDF annotation types.
ICEpdf is the leading Java PDF rendering technology available on the market today. ICEpdf is designed to fully support PDF document viewing within Java applications in a manner not possible with the native Adobe Reader® application.
This release of ICEpdf includes the following new features:
Support for static rendering of PDF Forms:
- Push Buttons
- Radio Buttons
- Text Fields
- Choice Fields
Support for rendering Annotations, including the most common annotation types, including:
- Markup & Text Markup
- Text & Free Text
- Line, Square, Circle, Polygon, Polyline, etc.
Support for user-selectable viewer page layouts:
- Single page view (Single Page)
- One column view (Continuous)
- Two page left/right view (Facing)
- Two column left/right view (Continuous - Facing)
Other fixes and enhancements:
- Parser optimizations for improved loading times, and overall robustness when parsing malformed PDF documents.
- Improved font substitution for non roman based fonts.
- Enhanced image loading and decoding.
- Text extraction operations have been optimized resulting in much faster text extraction, with improved accuracy.
- Java 2 localization support for the Viewer and ICEbrowser Pilot Reference Implementations (RIs).
- Improved Servlet Example provides a more polished user experience, including better support for PDF zoom, rotation and page navigation.
ICEpdf is 100 percent pure Java and can be used with any J2SE or J2EE JVM, v1.3.1 or greater. ICEpdf 2.5 is also compatible with most operating systems including Windows, Linux, Mac and Solaris. It is fully deployable using standard mechanisms for Java application deployment, such as an Applet or via Java Web Start. It can be deployed to client workstations for interactive PDF viewing and to headless server environments for non-visual PDF content conversion and extraction applications.
ICEpdf 2.5 is available for immediate download for existing customers with active maintenance agreements click here.
A free evaluation version is available here.
About ICEsoft Technologies:
ICEsoft, ICEreader, ICEbrowser and ICEpdf are registered trademarks or trade names of ICEsoft Technologies, Inc. All other company and product names may be the subject of intellectual property rights reserved by third parties.
Visit www.icesoft.com for more information.
ICEsoft and ICEfaces are registered trademarks or trade names of ICEsoft Technologies, Inc. All other company and product names may be the subject of intellectual property rights reserved by third parties.