|November 19th, 2007
Product Release Announcement - ICEpdf 2.6.2
ICEpdf version 2.6.2 is a maintenance release that corrects the following issues:
- The performance of the image loader has been significantly improved, resulting in greatly reduced load times for documents with large images.
- Improved support for multi-threaded page parsing and initialisation on multi-core and hyperthreaded CPUs. A new system property (com.icesoft.pdf.views.pageinitthreads) has been added to specify the number of threads to use when parsing pages. The default value is 2.
- ICEpdf will no longer freeze the application UI while the print dialog is displayed.
- Improved text extraction for malformed font definitions
- Font substitution layout accuracy has been improved for AFM fonts.
- Fixed a rare issue where some Type0 CID font mapping would cause an index out bounds exception during text extraction.
- Added support for hex characters in PDF name objects.
Improved parsing support for inline images.
- Fixed a rare issue where some CCITTFaxDecode images had inverted colours.
- Improved parsing support for PDF documents with corrupted xref data.
- Fixed an issue where some font objects could not be correctly referenced in the PDF document.
- Improved parsing support for malformed octal digits.
- Improved image caching algorithms.
ICEpdf is 100 percent pure Java and can be used with any Java SE or Java EE JVM, v1.3.1 or greater. ICEpdf 2.6.2 is also compatible with most operating systems including Windows, Linux, Mac and Solaris. It is fully deployable using standard mechanisms for Java application deployment, such as an Applet or via Java Web Start. It can be deployed to client workstations for interactive PDF viewing and to headless server environments for non-visual PDF content conversion and extraction applications.
ICEpdf 2.6.2 is available for immediate download for existing customers with active maintenance agreements click here.
A free evaluation version is available here.
About ICEsoft Technologies:
ICEsoft, ICEreader, ICEbrowser, ICEpdf and ICEfaces are registered trademarks or trade names of ICEsoft Technologies, Inc. All other company and product names may be the subject of intellectual property rights reserved by third parties.
Visit www.icesoft.com for more information.