|May 28th, 2008
Product Release Announcement - ICEpdf 2.6.5
ICEpdf version 2.6.5 is a maintenance release that corrects the following issues:
- Improved handling of text operand responsible for individual glyph scaling.
- Fixed a rare parsing issue which may have resulted in the wrong color or stroke being applied to a general path.
- Fixed an issue where page orientation could not be correctly determined from its parent page.
- Improved FlateDecode algorithm to correctly decode stream data that has sub-byte data taking up fractional bytes per row.
- Fixed an issue where embedded CMAP where not correctly added to the document library.
- Updated default font paths that the font substitution algorithm searches when looking for valid system fonts.
- Fixed a content clipping issue when a page Boundaries other the crop box was selected for page painting.
- Fixed a font substitution issue that may have reduced PDF rendering accuracy when not using the default RI implementation for viewing PDF documents.
- Corrected a CMap parsing error which prevented some CIDFonts from being properly displayed.
- Updated pdf_intl.jar with most the recent CMap definitions for improved rendering support of Asian based CIDFonts.
- Fixed a rare parsing issue which could cause page content from being displayed correctly.
- Improved detection and handling of corrupted embedded font data.
- Removed unnecessary System.gc() calls from RI Viewer application.
ICEpdf is 100 percent pure Java and can be used with any Java SE or Java EE JVM, v1.3.1 or greater. ICEpdf is also compatible with most operating systems including Windows, Linux, Mac and Solaris. It is fully deployable using standard mechanisms for Java application deployment, such as an Applet or via Java Web Start. It can be deployed to client workstations for interactive PDF viewing and to headless server environments for non-visual PDF content conversion and extraction applications.
ICEpdf 2.6.5 is available for immediate download for existing customers with active maintenance agreements click here.
A free evaluation version is available here.
About ICEsoft Technologies:
ICEsoft, ICEreader, ICEbrowser, ICEpdf and ICEfaces are registered trademarks or trade names of ICEsoft Technologies, Inc. All other company and product names may be the subject of intellectual property rights reserved by third parties.
Visit www.icesoft.com for more information.