|April 12th, 2007
Product Release Announcement - ICEpdf 2.6
ICEpdf 2.6 introduces support for interactive link annotations.
ICEpdf is the leading Java PDF rendering technology available on the market today. ICEpdf is designed to fully support PDF document viewing within Java applications in a manner not possible with the native Adobe Reader® application.
This release of ICEpdf includes the following new features:
Support for mouse interaction with link annotations:
- Supports PDF actions types; go to, go to resource, go to launch and URI actions.
- Annotation callback interface gives developers full control of how annotation actions are handled.
- The ICEbrowser ICEpdf Pilot loads URI actions in new ICEbrowser viewport.
Other fixes and enhancements:
- Improved detection and handling of JPEG images that use the YCbCrA color profile.
- Improved the accuracy of the line break and word spacing algorithm used in text extraction.
ICEpdf is 100 percent pure Java and can be used with any Java SE or Java EE JVM, v1.3.1 or greater. ICEpdf 2.6 is also compatible with most operating systems including Windows, Linux, Mac and Solaris. It is fully deployable using standard mechanisms for Java application deployment, such as an Applet or via Java Web Start. It can be deployed to client workstations for interactive PDF viewing and to headless server environments for non-visual PDF content conversion and extraction applications.
ICEpdf 2.6 is available for immediate download for existing customers with active maintenance agreements click here.
A free evaluation version is available here.
About ICEsoft Technologies:
ICEsoft, ICEreader, ICEbrowser, ICEpdf and ICEfaces are registered trademarks or trade names of ICEsoft Technologies, Inc. All other company and product names may be the subject of intellectual property rights reserved by third parties.
Visit www.icesoft.com for more information.