ICEsoft Technologies, Inc., announces the release of ICEpdf™ 2.0.
- Featuring an all new font engine, 3X performance gain, and secure rendering
- Entry price drops to $500
Available for immediate free download, ICEpdf™ 2.0 is the leading Java PDF document rendering technology available. This release boasts dramatic increases in rendering accuracy, performance, efficiency, and control. ICEpdf 2.0 includes an entirely new Java font engine making ICEpdf compatible with all embedded PDF font types. In addition, it now supports incremental document loading which dramatically improves performance, especially with larger PDF documents. On average PDF pages render over 3X faster and require significantly less Java heap memory than previous releases.
ICEpdf is designed to fully support PDF document viewing within Java applications in a manner not possible with the native Adobe Reader® application. Benefits include:
- Seamless integration with Java client applications, allowing complete control over the configuration, exposed functionality and user interface
- Secure PDF document viewing. ICEpdf can be easily configured to leave no trace of document viewing activity or cached PDF content on the local system.
- A lightweight static and dynamic memory footprint
- Easy deployment to any Java platform without the hassles of Java-to-native integration issues
ICEpdf provides support for:
- PDF Viewing: ICEpdf includes an embeddable PDF document viewer component for easy integration within Java client applications. ICEpdf can also be used standalone as an industrial strength PDF Viewer application.
- PDF Content Conversion: Convert rendered PDF pages to images, SVG documents, etc.
- PDF Content Extraction: Extract PDF document meta-data, text, and images.
- ICEbrowser Pilot (Plugin): Extend ICEbrowser to support PDF document rendering using the included ICEbrowser PDF Pilot component.
ICEpdf is 100 percent pure Java and can be used with any J2SE or J2EE JVM, v1.3.1 or greater. ICEpdf 2.0 is also compatible with most operating systems including Windows, Linux, Mac and Solaris. It is fully deployable using standard mechanisms for Java application deployment, such as an Applet or via Java Web Start. It can be deployed to client workstations for interactive PDF viewing and to headless server environments for non-visual PDF content conversion and extraction applications.
Pricing and Availability:
ICEpdf 2.0 is available immediately for free download. Entry level deployment pricing begins at $500.00 U.S. For more information or to download a free trial version, visit http://www.icesoft.com/products/icepdf.html.
ICEsoft, ICEreader, ICEbrowser and ICEpdf are registered trademarks or trade names of ICEsoft Technologies, Inc. All other company and product names may be the subject of intellectual property rights reserved by third parties.