ICEfaces RAD Integration provides ICEfaces support for developers who
Rational Application Developer v7.5.x for ICEfaces
development. This release is built on RAD v7.5.3 but it should work for
This release includes
- ICEfaces RAD integration tools
- ICEfaces Runtime Library v1.8.2
- ICEfaces dependent libraries
- ICEfaces integration for RAD Page Designer (ICEfaces Library
This release includes the initial (beta) release of ICEfaces
the RAD Page Designer, via a new ICEfaces definition project to support
Page Designer. The ICEfaces definition project is required to be
your workspace if you wish to use the beta version of ICEfaces
RAD Page Designer (The use of the RAD Page Designer is optional).
Note: Some users may have previously installed ICEfaces Eclipse
RAD for ICEfaces support. Unfortunately, the ICEfaces Eclipse plugins
conflict with the ICEfaces RAD integration, and must be uninstalled
installing ICEfaces RAD Integration bundle.
Changes In This Release
- Included ICEfaces v1.8.2 runtime library
- updated beta version of ICEfaces integration for RAD Page
Designer for ICEfaces v1.8.2
Changes In v0.9.5 Release
- Relaxed the IDE version dependency constraints, which was
previously resulting in integration not working with new RAD
- Included beta version of ICEfaces integration for RAD Page
- Resolved internal issues which prevented the ICEfaces palette
items from being displayed properly.
Changes In v0.9.1 Release
- Includes ICEfaces v1.8.1 runtime library
This is first beta release and it may contains bugs and usability
you notice any bug or have suggestions, please create a new JIRA case
issue tracker or post in ICEfaces.org forum.
Open source community support is available at http://www.icefaces.org.
For information on commercial support, professional services, and
please visit http://support.icefaces.org.
ICEfaces delivers extensions to Java ServerFaces (JSF) that provide
AJAX-enabled rich presentation environment for JSF applications.
brings value to any Java EE development project that needs to provide
presentation capabilities to the web application user. In particular,
provides the following features:
- Smooth, incremental page updates that do not require a full page
refresh to achieve presentation changes in the application.
- Server-initiated asynchronous presentation updates for dynamic
instantaneous data push.
- The ICEfaces Component Suite, a complete rich JSF component suite
that fully leverages ICEfaces capabilities.
- Intelligent form processing that facilitates fine-grained
interactions with the user as they manipulate a form.
- API support for rapid development of group-aware and
collaborative applications, such as Chat, Webcast, social apps., etc.
- JSP or Facelets based development.
- Tool integrations for leading Java IDEs.
- Support for leading Java EE frameworks, such as Spring and JBoss
- Support for portlet development.
This ICEfaces release comes with extensive documentation that will
understand the product thoroughly. Documentation for ICEfaces is
The following documents are provided in PDF format:
- ICEfaces Getting Started Guide: This guide takes you
through product installation, environment configuration, demo app
installation, and a basic 7-stage tutorial. This guide also contains
information related to support for different application server
environments and development tools.
- ICEfaces Developer's Guide: This guide contains
information relevant to developing applications with ICEfaces. It
describes the ICEfaces architecture, and explains key concepts that the
ICEfaces developer should be aware of. It also provides a complete
reference guide that covers APIs, configuration, components (including
the ICEfaces Component Suite) and TLDs, and covers advanced topics like
© Copyright 2005-2009 ICEsoft Technologies, Inc.