for NetBeans 6.8
The ICEfaces NetBeans Integration provides ICEfaces support for
who use the NetBeans IDE for ICEfaces application development.
integration is intended for use with NetBeans 6.8.
This integration release includes:
- ICEfaces Project Integration module 18.104.22.168
- ICEfaces Library module 22.214.171.124.2 (ICEfaces 2.0.0-Alpha2).
This document contains the following sections:
Changes in this release (v6.8.0)
- Fixed "class-loader delegate in sun-web.xml should only be
changed on Glassfish v3 with JavaEE 5 spec level selected"
- Changed url-pattern for faces servlet to *.jsf as well as related
resources as /faces/* url-pattern doesn't work properly in ICEfaces 2.0
- Improved sample pages to include more required tags.
- Fixed "icons of ICEfaces palette items are missing"
- Fixed "ICEfaces palette doesn't show up in facelets xhtml editor"
Changes in this release
NOTE: The ICEfaces 1.8.2a release consists of official ICEfaces
1.8.2 release plus a patch to resolve issues when deploying a JSF 1.1
or JSF 1.2 ICEfaces project to Glassfish 3. It is necessary to use the
ICEfaces 1.8.2a release libraries on Glassfish 3, as the original
ICEfaces 1.8.2 runtime libraries will fail with a "JSF 2 not supported"
error when used in a JEE5/JSF 1.2 project.
- Support Netbeans v6.8
- Support for ICEfaces 1.8.2a in
Java EE 5 or J2EE 1.4 projects (JSF 1.1 or JSF 1.2)
- Support ICEfaces 2.0 Alpha 2 in JavaEE 6 projects (JSF 2.0)
- Bundled with ICEfaces 1.8.2a and ICEfaces 2.0.0-Alpha2 runtime
- Due to an apparent NetBeans bug, creating a second new project
IDE session) shortly after an initial project is created (<5 mins)
may result in an incorrect Server or JavaEE version being set for the
project. For detailed
information see ICEfaces JIRA ICE-5336.
ICEfaces delivers extensions to Java ServerFaces (JSF) that provide
AJAX-enabled rich presentation environment for JSF applications.
brings value to any Java EE development project that needs to provide
presentation capabilities to the web application user. In particular,
provides the following features:
- Smooth, incremental page updates that do not require a full page
refresh to achieve presentation changes in the application.
- Server-initiated asynchronous presentation updates for dynamic
instantaneous data push.
- The ICEfaces Component Suite, a complete rich JSF component suite
that fully leverages ICEfaces capabilities.
- Intelligent form processing that facilitates fine-grained
interactions with the user as they manipulate a form.
- API support for rapid development of group-aware and
collaborative applications, such as Chat, Webcast, social apps., etc.
- JSP or Facelets based development.
- Tool integrations for leading Java IDEs.
- Support for leading Java EE frameworks, such as Spring and JBoss
- Support for portlet development.
© Copyright 2005-2010 ICEsoft Technologies, Inc.