for NetBeans 6.5.1
The ICEfaces NetBeans Integration provides ICEfaces support
for developers who use the NetBeans IDE for ICEfaces
application development. This integration is intended for use
with NetBeans 6.5.1.
This integration release includes:
ICEfaces Run-Time Library module 1.8.2
- Visual Web ICEfaces module 3.5.1
This document contains the following sections:
- ICEfaces Library module updated to ICEfaces 1.8.2
- ICEfaces Library module updated to ICEfaces 1.8.1
- "Bind to ..." context menu with dataTable for JPA, Entity Beans
and POJO .
- fragment page support with parallel ice:form in the page.
- ICEfaces Library module updated to ICEfaces 1.8.0
- Module code name base changed to:
- The ICEfaces Visual Web Framework is now a stand-alone
- Numerous bug fixes and improvements, including improvements
in the use of the panelTabSet in the visual designer. See ICE-3581
for more details.
- The Visual Designer may sometimes fail to re-paint
the state of a component has changed. Forcing a refresh using the
"Refresh" menuitem on the context-menu is a work-around for this issue.
- When adding new components to the Visual Designer the Outline
View may become corrupted.
To correct this click the design view panel itself (not on
any components) - this will rebuild the Outline View.
ice:tree component does not support defining it's tree model
structure using the Visual Designer. It will, however, render an
associated tree model in the Visual Designer if one is configured (the
tree model must be provided by the application code).
- Using ice:panelBorder with nested containers may cause the Visual
Designer to become corrupted. Saving the page and then closing
and re-opening the page will generally restore the Visual
- The ice:menuBar has styling and positioning issues in
the Visual Designer. It is possible to define a menu structure
using the Visual Designer, however, the menu will not be
rendered accurately at design time.
- See ICE-3581
for more details.
ICEfaces delivers extensions to Java ServerFaces (JSF) that
provide an AJAX-enabled rich presentation environment for JSF
applications. ICEfaces brings value to any Java EE development
project that needs to provide superior presentation capabilities to
the web application user. In particular, ICEfaces provides the
- Smooth, incremental page updates that do not require a full
page refresh to achieve presentation changes
in the application.
- Server-initiated asynchronous presentation updates for
dynamic instantaneous data push.
- The ICEfaces Component Suite, a complete rich JSF component
suite that fully leverages ICEfaces capabilities.
- Intelligent form processing that facilitates fine-grained
interactions with the user as they manipulate a form.
- API support for rapid development of group-aware and
collaborative applications, such as Chat, Webcast, social apps., etc.
- JSP or Facelets based development.
- Tool integrations for leading Java IDEs.
- Support for leading Java EE frameworks, such as Spring and
- Support for portlet development.
© Copyright 2005-2009 ICEsoft Technologies,